The best back brace allows you to support your back while correcting your posture and alleviating pain. While you may want a little extra support at work or a better posture there are tons of back braces to choose from.
Back pain is the fifth most common reason for physician visits. While occasional back pain might be annoying, chronic pain may ultimately affect the quality of your life. If left untreated it may lead to some serious body imbalances.
Even though there are tons of back braces to choose from in the market, choosing the best option for your needs can be quite mind numbing.
We review five of the best back braces which in our opinion can provide immediate relief and assist with various conditions. Also we feature a simple guide to help you pick the best back brace for your condition. First, here is a table that compares the different best selling brands of back braces. Brace yourself.
Mueller Lumbar Back Race is a popular top notch support belt with braces. Even though it features a simple design, it has an amazing quality. This model is designed to offer good lower back support.
It comes with a removable lumbar pad and a steel support along the spine. There are two elastic tension straps for effortless compression adjustment. It is very flexible and you can use it for pretty much any physical activity.
The back brace comprises of 40% polyester, 33% nylon and 27% rubber making it comfortable and easy to wear. The Mueller lumbar back race offers maximum support and is a perfect choice for those who have muscle spasms, sprains or strains.
- Steel support along the spine for additional stability.
- Available in 2 different sizes.
- Double layered allowing the user to adjust the compression.
- Internally moulded plastics to provide a firm and rigid back brace.
- Dual outer elastic tension straps.
- Great value for your money.
- Extremely durable.
- Good back support.
- Skin friendly material.
- A bit bulkier than other similar models.
- Size doesn’t go low enough for people with small waists.
- Some users find the straps too long.
BraceUP Stabilizing Lumbar Lower Back Brace is one of the consistently top selling braces with good reason. This back race provides support to your lower back without any hindrance to your movement.
The brace features a curved design to reduce any slipping or bunching on your waist. This popular back brace is slimmer and easier to wear. Their sizing options from their size guide are pretty much accurate. You also get 100% money back guarantee within a month of purchasing this item.
The strip-type side pulls mean you get a body- hugging tension tighter than most braces and pressure relief on your lower back.
- Available in 3 sizes: S/M (28-35 inches), L/XL (35-43 inches) and XXL (43-53 inches) to accommodate all sizes.
- Designed to minimize slipping and hunching.
- Dual straps adjusted for easy fitness and compression.
- Mesh panels for enhanced breathability.
- Comfortable and allows full range movement.
- Mesh panels add extra breathability and release excess heat.
- Minimal slipping and hunching due to curved design.
- Fully adjustable with slight compression
- Great tension with dual fastening Velcro and suspender style straps.
- Some customers found the BraceUp to be lacking in lumbar support
- Can be difficult to size properly
This Neotech design is best suited for any physical activity. No matter whether you are an athlete or a heavy duty worker, this belt provides great support. Its main quality is flexibility allowing unrestricted movement.
It is elastic therefore easy to adjust. You won’t struggle to get the perfect fit because the offer comes in 4 sizes. The compression straps offer additional support adjustment and make the belt easy to use.
- Adjustable suspension straps.
- Eco friendly packaging.
- De-attachable suspenders.
- Affordable price.
- Comes in four sizes.
- Extremely flexible.
- Good overall quality.
- Your skin won’t breath much.
AidBrace Back Brace is one of the most popular lumbar back braces among people who need additional support during their physical activity thanks to its affordable price. AidBrace support belt works to relieve lower back pain associated with scoliosis, sciatica, slipped discs or degenerative disc disease.
This support belt provides a comfortable and supportive way to lower any back pain you may have. The support belt comes with a removable lumbar pad which is also adjustable. AidBrace is available in 6 sizes:
- S – belly: 31″ and under
- M- belly: 29-36″
- L- belly: 34-40″
- XL- belly: 38-44″
- XXL- belly: 42-48″
- 3XL- belly: 46-52″.
According to the manufacturer, this belt is designed to stretch whether you put it on or not. If it does not stretch then it is too small and doesn’t provide support.
- Available in 6 sizes.
- Small and compact
- Curved Side Design provides freedom of movement
- Removable cushioned lumbar pad for extra support
- Breathable mesh backing
- Sides straps tension adjustment
- Comes with a removable lumbar pad
- Easy to clean
- Excellent for any physical activity
- The belt parts are not quite skin friendly
If you need a high quality product at a reasonable price, this Back Brace could be an ideal option to support your lower back. This belt is designed to fit multiple sizes. This belt is highly adjustable and comes with a unique design to give you excellent back support in whichever position.
A great option if you are dealing with many back conditions including herniated disc, scoliosis, lumbar muscle strain and many more. The perfect choice if you spend most of your days in uncomfortable positions or sit in the office the whole day.
- Detachable, breathable, washable
- Pulley mechanism adjusts your back support with ease
- Lumbar support along the two side of the spine
- Focus on protecting the L4 L5 S1 Lumbar vertebrae
- You can move anyhow with ease
- Successfully deals with various back problems
- Breathable material- skin friendly
- Easy to clean
- Cost more than products with similar features
What to Consider when Choosing a Back Brace
Back braces feature a sophisticated design that targets and supports the specific area of the back to ensure the user’s needs are met. There are two types of braces:
Lower back braces
This is recommended for people with lower back pain or those who need additional back support while recovering from surgery or an injury. These braces wrap around the abdomen to stabilize lower back muscles
Shoulder and upper back braces
These braces fit over the shoulder and spread to the mid chest. The brace trains the shoulder muscles to stay back and straight. Mostly recommended for people who do a lot of desk jobs like computer programmers
Opt for a back brace that is highly absorbent, easy to clean and light weight. Choose one depending on where you’ll be wearing the back brace; if you plan to stay with it in the office consider choosing one that is invisible under your clothes..
Level of Activity
If you are a sports or gym rat or maybe a construction worker you may consider choosing a highly absorbent easy to wash back brace. Some braces come with a single universal size, these almost never work well. Opt for braces that come in different sizes for that perfect match.
How easy it is to fix and attach
This affects how comfortable you’ll feel with the back brace on, how well it works and also if it stays on without slipping. The best back braces allow for unassisted putting on or taking out if they become too uncomfortable
There are many back braces in the market and they can hugely make a difference if you suffer from back pain. No matter what type of back brace you are looking for, I hope this article is helpful to you and you are able to narrow down on the best back brace to suit your needs.
You need to first consult your doctor who will examine the type of back pain you have. You should also follow the manufacturer’s guidelines for best results and to prevent any further injury. Take into consideration the various aspects of a good back brace so that you choose the best back brace to suit your needs.